Saturday, October 26, 2013

?sdrawkcab tebahpla eht yas uoy nac from Ugo-hay

Dear Word Spy

One of my secret talents is saying the alphabet backwards.  My great grandmother taught me.  She is 98 years old and she is ambidextrous.
It got me wondering why the alphabet is in that specific order.  Is it just a fluke, or did somebody decide?

One more thing… Can you write a 500 word story which is a lipogram on Y?

From
 Ugo-hay

(Your biggest fan!)



Dear Ugo-hay,

Gosh, saying the alphabet backwards - I certainly can't do it! Your grandmother sounds like a very clever old lady (and you sound pretty clever yourself.) And that is such an interesting question - why is the alphabet in the order it is anyway? I have to confess I don't know  - I will have to do some serious word spying and get back to you.

Now, as for the lipogram on Y -  I'm willing to give it a try! I'll have to get back to you on that as well.

our-yay umble-hay riend-fay,

The Word Spy ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your question for the Word Spy ...