Friday, April 21, 2017

Please don't be shocked! from Charlotte

Dear Word Spy,

I was reading a freaky fact book and found the contents page. One particular chapter I came across was the weird words. There, I finally stumbled upon my favourite word!
Please don't be shocked (it is the longest word in the English language):

pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

(pronounced noo-mono-ultra-micro-scopic-silico-volcano-conio-sis)

Dear Charlotte,

Well I am SHOCKED!  And if you spies are shocked too, have a look at this video to hear someone saying it:


 And wait, here's a song all about it!  Which also tells you what it actually means...



Wonderful spying, Charlotte - one might even say:


Yours, still humming, The Word Spy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your question for the Word Spy ...