Wednesday, March 16, 2016

A cry for help! from Anonymous



Dear Word Spy,

In "The Return of the Word Spy"I know about the turtle and the horse but I can't find out what the rebus means. HELP!!!! please tell me how to find it out!


I have tried finding out what it might mean but I Keep thinking that it is a fan moth but when I put that in it doesn't work right.

Thankyou,

Anonymous


Dear Anonymous,

Thanks for your message! I'm sorry you've been having trouble with the rebus. Let's see if I can help.

In a rebus puzzle, pictures are used instead of some letters.  So already you are on the way to solving it - as you said, it is a picture of a fan. 

But look at what comes just before the picture of the fan -  the letter K and then the letter F crossed out. That means you take off the letter F from the word fan, and replace the letter K.  So instead of FAN you have - that's right, KAN!

That's the beginning of the word. Then you have the letters GAR. So that bit is easy. That's the middle of the word. 

Then you have another picture, this time of the MOON, with the letter M and N crossed out. So the letters that finish the word are OO.

Hmm, I bet your brain is really hopping now!

yours, marsupially, The Word Spy

                             
 
                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your question for the Word Spy ...