Friday, February 26, 2010

Is there a word? from Raphael

Hi
Is there a word that means 'children teaching adults/grandparents how to use the Internet, smartphones, etc'?
As a grandparent with computerate grandchildren, I would be very interested to know.
Thanks

Raphael


Dear Raphael,

Well, I hope there is a word - there sure needs to be! (I'm not even a grandparent and I don't know how to turn on my television anymore without help from someone younger.) I have not heard of or read such a word though. Hmm, maybe it's time for a neologism, or a new-born word. I will have to try and think of something - or I wonder if anyone out there knows such a word or could invent one for us?

Sorry not to be of more help at the moment!

all good wishes, and thanks for the message,

The Word Spy

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous says:

    Neotechnological autodesceducation?

    neo (new) + technology

    auto (self) + desce- (descendant)+ education?

    The Word Spy says: WOW!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your question for the Word Spy ...