Friday, November 20, 2009

Run run as fast as you can from Elinor

Dear Word Snoop,

Do you know the story of the little gingerbread man? This is what happens. A little old woman and a little old man cook this little boy out of gingerbread, but when he's cooked he jumps out of the oven and runs away. He says, "run, run, as fast as you can, you can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man."

My auntie told me this story. She knows lots of crazy stories.

goodbye from Elinor



Dear Elinor,

I do know that story - and I really like it, it's one of my favourites. Although the ending is a bit sad... Still, he had fun while it lasted I guess!

If anyone reading this doesn't know the story, you can read it here http://www.enchantedlearning.com/stories/folktale/gingerbreadman/story/

Thanks for writing to me Elinor, and say hi to your crazy auntie for me!

your friend, the Word Snoop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your question for the Word Spy ...