Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Talking chickens from Bree

Dear Word Snoop,

I have two pet chickens. Their names are Okey and Dokey. They are both girls. They make a lot of noise. Can I teach them to talk like a parrot? Then they could tell me what they are thinking.

It's over to you Snoop.

lots of lollipops from Bree

Dear Bree,

Wow. What an amazing question. Talking chickens...I've had chickens myself (a boy and a girl, called Lovely and Gorgeous) and I agree, they are very very noisy. I talked to them a lot but I never thought of teaching them to say anything. I tried to work out what they were thinking by staring into their beady little eyes, but they didn't give much away.

I think probably you can't teach chickens to speak. And I guess you know that when you teach a parrot or a budgie to speak, they don't really start talking like you and me. They usually just repeat words, and it's kind of hard to tell if they know what you mean the words to mean. But, hey, you could give it a try.

Let me know what happens. After all, this could be the beginning of an amazing conversation....

lots of lollipops to you too, from the The Word Snoop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your question for the Word Spy ...